Beginnings Scholarship program provides financial assistance to students wishing to undertake studies at the undergraduate level in the United States of America (USA). To be eligible, you must be able to demonstrate that you can meet the costs associated with your study in the USA, and will have completed or be close to completing high school studies by the start date of your course. You will also need to demonstrate an interest in American history or politics, so if you are eligible, apply today! Applications for the scholarship close on April 2023.
Best Beginnings Scholarship Eligibility
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Sierra Leone, Burundi, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia and Congo.
- If you are not from any of these countries but would like to study abroad with us please send an email to our staff to see if we can help find a solution.
- You will need to get in touch with your embassy or consulate as well as get in touch with our staff if this is the case.
- The deadline is October 1st so don’t delay! Applications close on October 1st at midnight. For more information about scholarships and other educational opportunities that UCAS International offers, please visit our website.
- We look forward to receiving your application. It’s free and it only takes five minutes. Apply now by clicking on ‘Apply Now. Do not wait until the last minute because all deadlines will be closed on October 1st at midnight EST.
- If you want to receive a brochure, click here (link)
You will then have 5 days before the postmark date to send in your form and apply. Once received, your form will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
- N/B: Note that there is no guarantee that you will be awarded the scholarship without consideration of your academic and financial situation. When considering an applicant’s eligibility, they are also taken into account their circumstances such as their family circumstances and/or disabilities.
- Please take time to read through each step of this blog post carefully to ensure completion before applying. To qualify for the scholarship you must reside in one of the above-mentioned countries and meet the eligibility requirements below:
Scholarship Award for best beginning
The Best Beginnings Scholarship is a chance for you to study in the USA and be given a place at one of our partner universities. The programme covers your tuition fees, course materials, return flights, housing and living expenses. We are committed to investing in your future so that you can go on to make significant contributions back home.
You will also have access to guidance from experienced mentors from both Oxford Brookes University and some of our key US partners who will help with anything from deciding what degree or subject to study, to applying for financial aid or scholarships, finding accommodation and getting involved in extracurricular activities.
Application Process & Requirements
- The scholarship is offered by a non-profit organization called Best Beginnings.
- The application process takes place entirely online and consists of filling out an application form, uploading a short video, and taking an English language test.
- All applications must be submitted by June 30th, 2023. Finalists will be announced in July, with each finalist receiving USD 5,000 as part of their award package.
- Finalists will also receive mentorship from their award sponsor, who will work with them for over a year to provide advice and guidance on their future academic plans.
- Winners are selected from among the finalists in December 2017 after submitting their essays about why they deserve the scholarship.
How to Apply?
To qualify for this scholarship, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and be enrolled as an undergraduate student. You must also have maintained a GPA of 3.5 or higher, been admitted to one of our partner universities, and submit your application by September 1st, 2019. To apply for this scholarship, you will need to submit: 1) A 500-word essay about how going abroad has impacted your life so far 2) A copy of your transcript(s) showing your cumulative GPA and classes taken during the current semester (transcripts from spring semester are acceptable). All transcripts must show a cumulative GPA of 3 high.
The Best Beginnings Scholarship is your opportunity to study at one of the best universities in America. The scholarship will cover all tuition, boarding, and incidental expenses for up to four years.
1 thought on “Best Beginnings Scholarship Program USA 2023/2024 – Apply Now”